Licensed Home Inspector
Trent Tarter is the owner and inspector of Boise Valley Home Inspection. Since he can remember, attention to detail has always been a strength for Trent—it comes naturally, and in all the work he’s done, keeping the details in focus has been a key to success.
As a professional home inspector for over 16 years, Trent has only become more passionate about the nature of the work, enjoying every minute he spends revealing a home’s secrets to help protect families preparing for a truly monumental investment.
A Full-Time Home Inspector
Trent Tarter started inspecting homes professionally on a full-time basis in 2006, but his knowledge of building science is rooted in hands-on construction. While working in Washington and Oregon, Trent held a license as a General Contractor, and his experience in the field runs the gamut from ground-up construction to large-scale renovations.
It goes without saying that this accrual of knowledge over the years is indispensable to Trent’s work as a home inspector. Whether you’ve fallen head over heels for a newly constructed home, or you’re interested in investing in a century-old historical property, you can count on Trent to inspect it to the absolute highest standard.
Everything We Do Is for Your
Peace of Mind
- Technology is not to be ignored in this line of work, and we use the latest tech extensively whenever necessary—including thermal imaging to help us pin down the root cause of issues that are difficult to diagnose conventionally
- As a licensed Structural Pest Inspector for over 16 years, Trent is a prime candidate for inspecting your existing or prospective real estate investment for evidence of damage caused by termites and other wood-destroying organisms
- Providing exceptional customer service is a task that we take seriously—if you ever have a question before, during, or after a home inspection, please give us a call so that we can help in any way we can
When he’s not performing home inspections, Trent loves spending quality time with his wonderful family. Trent is a big fan of the outdoors, and you can often find him out fishing, biking, boating, hiking, and camping. Trent is also an avid gardener, and he enjoys working on home improvement and remodeling projects.
Licenses and Memberships
- ASHI Certified Inspector #250672 (Idaho State)
- Oregon State Licensed Home Inspector #213631
- Washington State Licensed Home Inspector #470
- WSDA Structural Pest Inspector #71761
- Snake River Valley Building Contractors Association (SRVBCA)
- Idaho Building Contractors Association (IBCA)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
Proudly Serving the Treasure Valley
We’re proud to offer superior home inspections to the Treasure Valley and the surrounding areas, including Ada, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Washington, Boise, and Elmore counties. Our services are also available in Malheur County, Oregon.
Boise Valley Home Inspection
Boise Valley Home Inspection is a locally-owned and operated company that is in the business of protecting our clients—providing every key piece of information that we possibly can to help promote a safe and sound real estate investment. Contact us today to request an inspection.
We offer a $25 discount to active-duty military, veterans, police, firefighters, first responders, educators, and repeat customers.
We accept online payments.